Ace Your Essays with These 5 Strategies
1. Start early. The best way to ace an essay exam is to start working on it early. This will give you plenty of time to brainstorm ideas, research your topic, and write a solid first draft.
2. Plan your essay. Before you start writing, take some time to plan your essay. This will help you stay organized and focused, and it will make the writing process much easier.
3. Write a strong thesis statement. The thesis statement is the main idea of your essay, and it should be clear and concise. It should also be something that you can support with evidence from your research.
4. Support your thesis with evidence. In order to convince your reader that your thesis is correct, you need to support it with evidence from your research. This evidence can come in the form of facts, statistics, examples, and quotations.
5. Proofread your essay. Before you submit your essay, be sure to proofread it carefully for errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation. A well-written essay will make a good impression on your instructor and will help you earn a higher grade.
Write Brilliant Essays That Get You Top Grades
In addition to following the strategies above, there are a few other things you can do to write brilliant essays that get you top grades.
- Use strong language. Choose words that are precise and evocative. This will help your writing to be clear and engaging.
- Vary your sentence structure. Don’t just write one type of sentence over and over again. Vary your sentence structure to keep your writing interesting.
- Use active voice. Active voice is more concise and forceful than passive voice. It’s also more engaging for the reader.
- Proofread your essay carefully. A well-written essay will make a good impression on your instructor and will help you earn a higher grade.
By following these strategies, you can ace your essays in exams and earn top grades. So what are you waiting for? Start writing today!
Writing Effective Test Questions Series PART 2 Writing Selected Response Exam Questions Selected vs Constructed Response Test Questions Selected response test questions are those to which there is typically a single correct answer and comprise fillintheblank truefalse multiple choice andor matching tasks Nilson 2016 notes that theseThe above strategies for Writing and optimizing exam items is by no means exhaustive but considering these as you create your exams will improve your questions immensely By delivering assessments with a datadriven digital exam platform instructors exam creators and programs can use the results of carefully created exams to improve While introductions and conclusions can be quite basic in exam essays they are worth including for the guidance they can provide you
as a writer and especially for the examiner Make them as clear and succinct as possible Include clear signal language This essay will argue that In conclusion To sum upYou must be realistic about the time constraints of an essay exam If you write one dazzling answer on an exam with three equallyweighted required questions you earn only 33 pointsnot enough to pass at most colleges This may seem unfair but keep in mind that instructors plan exams to be reasonably comprehensiveessay questions and outcomes that are likely to be better assessed by other means 3 Evaluating existing essay questions using criteria of effective essay questions 4 Improving poorly written essay questions by using the criteria for effective essay questions to identify flaws in existing questions and correct them 52
Budget your time Craft each essay around the time you have available Professors who allot one hour expect longer and more detailed essays than ones who ask you to write for 20 minutes Don39t 4 Essay exams teach a person how to write T F 5 Essay exams are more subjective in nature than are objective exams T F 6 Objective exams encourage guessing more so than essay exams T F 7 Essay exams limit the extent of content covered T F 8 Essay and objective exams can be used to measure the same content or ability T F 9Do a past paper a few days before and time it really strictly work out a way to write quickly and neatly so that you dont waste your first exam cracking this 3 Be realistic Know before you go into the exam what sort of answers you can realistically write in the time youve got
Writing essays can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. By following these strategies, you can ace your essays in exams and earn top grades. So what are you waiting for? Start writing today!